Thursday, December 30, 2010

Snippets of the past few months1

Been busy these few months, my apologies!

Trip to Sentosa rockyshore. I'm starting with the ending pictures cuz I realised blogger has a really frustrating way of uploading pictures.

Cliffs and rocky outcrops: I bet most Singaporeans didn't know this secluded part of Singapore.

Behind a rocky outcrop, there's some vandalism. Dated 1974. Wow! Makes me wonder if that person is still alive and remembers the place which he went to that nobody goes to now.
There's pitcher plants! (not sure which species) The brown ones are dried up whereas the green ones are new and fresh.
There's even a small cave! It's made of sandstone, and is a little weak, so it was blocked up for fear of collapsing onto any curious passerby (like me).
I loved the rock formations here. Something that I'd finally get to drool about over in Singapore! At least we have things like these.
A very old, partly demolished jetty made of bricks and stone. Nostalgia!
Frogfish (Family: Antennariidae), named as such because of its fins.
Notice the lure at the top of its head? Cute!
Orange-striped hermit crab (Clibanarius infraspinatus) munching away on algae.
A pair of fan worms (Sabellastarte indica)
Can you spot a fiddler crab's fiddler?
Developments on Sentosa Cove
Red Swimming Crab (Thalamita spinimana)
Beautiful sunrise on an almost clear sky
A well-camouflaged-with-algae Leaf Porter Crab (Neodorippe sp.)