Friday, March 12, 2010

musings of a busy girl

Was looking through some Nature-themed quotes and found some interesting ones and couldn't resist pasting some here:

JOSEPH WOOD KRUTCH: Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function.

LINDA HOGAN: There is a way that nature speaks, that land speaks. Most of the time we are simply not patient enough, quiet enough, to pay attention to the story.

RABINDRANATH TAGORE: Trees are the earth's endless effort to speak to the listening heaven.

RACHEL CARSON: Those who contemplate the beauty of the earth find reserves of strength that will endure as long as life lasts.

RALPH WALDO EMERSON: Nature is a mutable cloud which is always and never the same.

I realised that i haven't been updating this blog like a good girl should, well i have a backload of pictures awaiting to be posted up.
Well i should quickly do it soon, to keep myself updated and in touch with one of my passions.
I've decided that this blog shouldn't be restricted to only nature, but as well as my other passion: animals. After animals and nature are linked; even knowing the friendly stray cats in my neighbourhood makes the place i live in a secret haven to me. Call me weirdo, but my definition of a secret haven extends to something that's more intangible =)

Before i shoot off to do my SSS1207 essay, here's a final plea for anyone of u coming across this blog to stop this inhuman act:
Even if climate isn't taking pity on them, we humans should.